Accessibility Statement for DigitalA11Y
This is an accessibility statement from www.digitala11y.com.
Measures to support accessibility
DigitalA11Y takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of the website www.digitala11y.com/ and the content contained within:
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Integrate accessibility into our procurement practices.
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
- Include people with disabilities in our compliance teams
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA.
As the website is continuously being enhanced and designs changed, it is tested regularly to ensure conformance with WCAG 2.1 Level AA Success Criteria to the greatest extent possible.
A few supported accessibility features within the website include:
- Keyboard Access: All links, buttons and other interactive controls are navigable by pressing the tab key only.
- Color Contrast: Text, background, links and other significant areas meet the required color contrast ratio.
- Zoom: Users are able to magnify the webpage up to two times.
- Alt Text for Images: Text descriptions are included for images, logos and pictures. This text is not visible on screen. It is embedded for screen-reading technologies to interpret for users.
- Heading Structures: The headings and subheadings that make up a page are properly formatted to work with assistive technologies.
- Accessible Forms: All input fields have text labels and added validation for easier interaction.
- Visual Focus Indicator: Visual focus indicator of contrasting color is visible on the element when focused.
- Focus Order: Focus goes to elements in a linear, logical and meaningful way.
- Labels: All form elements on the website are provided programmatic and visible labels that clearly convey the purpose of the controls.
- Screen Reader Support: Elements are read correctly and meaningfully with Accessible Name, role, state and value (if applicable)
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
The website www.digitala11y.com/ and the content contained within is designed to be best compatible with Chrome Browser and NVDA screen reader combination. It is also compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- Any browser supporting Windows, iOS and Android operating systems, using NVDA and JAWS
- Talkback for Android
- Voiceover for iOS
- Any other digital product that supports but not limited to NVDA, JAWS, Talkback and iOS
Accessibility of the website www.digitala11y.com/ and the content contained within relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of the website www.digitala11y.com/ and the content contained within, there may be some limitations. Please contact us if you observe an issue that prevents you from using the website as intended.
DigitalA11Y assessed the accessibility of the website www.digitala11y.com/ and the content contained within by the following approaches:
- Self-evaluation by internal resources
- The final content was audited by a certified third-party CPWA Accessibility professional
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of the website www.digitala11y.com/ and the content contained within. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on the website www.digitala11y.com/ by writing to us at:
- E-mail: [email protected]
We try to respond to feedback within 24 hours.
In the unlikely event you are unhappy with our services, please write to us at [email protected] to escalate the matter.
This statement was created on 22 November 2021