Join us on Thursday, May 17 2018 and mark the seventh Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD). The purpose of GAAD is to get everyone talking, thinking and learning about digital (web, software, mobile, etc.) access/inclusion and people with different disabilities.
The target audience of GAAD is the design, development, usability, and related communities who build, shape, fund and influence technology and its use. While people may be interested in the topic of making technology accessible and usable by persons with disabilities, the reality is that they often do not know how or where to start. Awareness comes first. Read the blog post by Joe Devon that inspired GAAD.
Learn more about
- How this all got started
- Public events that you are invited to attend
- Other activities taking place to mark
Events Hosted By Deque Systems
- GAAD 2018 – Keyboard Accessibility Challenge
- GAAD Accessibility Stories
- Intro to Screen Readers Webinar
GAAD Events In India
- Prakat Solutions from Bangallore is hosting Multiple events as part of celebrating GAAD. For more information check the event registration page.
- aXe Hackathon – Deque India celebrates GAAD 2018 on May 17th at Hyderabad.
For all the events that are being hosted as part of GAAD check the GAAD Website or follow GAAD on twitter @gbla11yday.