Employment Type: Contractor, Part-Time, Temporary
Salary: $20 ; Payroll : Hourly
DigitalA11Y is a digital accessibility information hub, we try to keep our content fresh & updated all the time. To achieve this goal from time to time we hire interns & temporary staff to perform various activities on the website like content editing, social media strategy, content marketing, code upgradation & other tasks
Our goal is to achieve WCAG 2.1 compliance on the website, so time to time we also bring in other accessibility audit specialists to perform testing & give us feedback if the content is meeting with accessibility guidelines.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform assessments on digital assets for WCAG and Section 508 compliance following the methodology
- Identify and clearly document accessibility issues
- Identify and clearly document remediation recommendations
- Demonstrate proficiency with Software Tools
- Run accessibility insights and wave extensions browser extension
- Set up and run automation accessibility testing tools
- May answer developer, designer, and content contributor questions about accessibility requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in professional digital accessibility testing
- Experience evaluating web pages for WCAG 2.0 A/AA conformance
- Intermediate skill level and accessibility testing experience with at least one of the following screen readers:
- Experience coding accessible web pages using HTML and CSS
- Experience testing native mobile apps for accessibility.
- Can write accessibility recommendations for remediation
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Mobile accessibility on various platforms including Android and IOS
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Share best practices and lessons learned from past implementation efforts.
- The flexibility to work outside of normal working hours to meet deadlines.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ Years relevant digital experience
We believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.