We are a disability tech company that focuses on Accessible web design, development, and digital accessibility services. We help businesses achieve AODA and ADA compliance by making their digital applications accessible for people with disabilities. our services include accessibility audits, accessibility remediation for mobile and web, accessibility consulting and strategy, and accessibility training for organizations.
About Job Description:
As the Accessibility Consultant you will provide subject-matter expertise to projects and other initiatives on inclusive and accessible content planning, creation and maintenance. You will be responsible for consultations on inclusive, accessible documents including but not limited to: PDFs, HTML5 and adaptive forms. In this role, you will collaborate with project teams, designers, developers and quality assurance analysts and guide them with the streamlining, development, testing and packaging of PDFs and forms. You will conduct routine reviews throughout the project workflow and make recommendations for best approach based on content models and accessibility standards.
About Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform assessments on digital assets for WCAG and Section 508 compliance following the methodology
- Identify and clearly document accessibility issues
- Identify and clearly document remediation recommendations
- Demonstrate proficiency with Software Tools
- Set up axe Auditor test cases and complete test runs
- Run axe and axe Expert browser extension
- Set up and run automated scans using axe Monitor
- May answer developer, designer, and content contributor questions about accessibility requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in professional digital accessibility testing
- Experience evaluating web pages for WCAG 2.0 A/AA conformance
- Intermediate skill level and accessibility testing experience with at least one of the following screen readers:
- Experience coding accessible web pages using HTML and CSS
- Experience testing native mobile apps for accessibility.
- Can write accessibility recommendations for remediation
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Mobile accessibility on various platforms including Android and IOS
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Share best practices and lessons learned from past implementation efforts.
- The flexibility to work outside of normal working hours to meet deadlines.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ Years relevant digital experience
We believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.