Senior Accessibility Consultant
We are a disability tech company that focuses on Accessible web design, development, and digital accessibility services. We help businesses achieve AODA and ADA compliance by making their digital applications accessible for people with disabilities. our services include accessibility audits, accessibility remediation for mobile and web, accessibility consulting and strategy, and accessibility training for organizations.
About Job Description:
About Roles and Responsibilities:
- Identifying and suggesting potential solutions for accessibility barriers
- Applying accessibility knowledge to a wide range of the firm’s digital properties, including mobile applications, and digital documents
- Coaching colleagues and clients in one on one, small group, or large forum environments
- Using data on accessibility issues within products to identify, report on and drive improvements to the product features
- Must be bilingual in French and English
- At least three (3) years of experience working with public sector clients on accessibility compliance with WCAG 2.0 (or a subsequent version) levels A and AA, and ADA Section 508 compliance.
- At least three (3) years of experience working as the lead for defining, developing and implementing web accessibility assessment and remediation programs including knowledge of Section 508 and WCAG accessibility standards and requirements.
- At least two (2) years of experience using common assistive technologies, including screen readers, magnifiers, and voice recognition software products.
- At least two (2) years of experience providing staffing analysis and evaluating business processes relating to accessibility compliance with WCAG 2.0 (or a subsequent version) levels A and AA, and ADA Section 508 compliance.
Desirable Technical Qualifications
- Five (5) or more years of experience working as the lead for defining, developing, and implementing web accessibility assessment and remediation programs including knowledge of Section 508 and WCAG accessibility standards and requirements.
- Three (3) or more years of experience using common assistive technologies, including screen readers, magnifiers and voice recognition products.
- One (1) year of experience using and or supporting users of JAWS (“Job Access With Speech”).
- Two (2) or more years of experience conducting accessibility testing on multiple platform and devices, including iOS and Android mobile devices as well as mobile websites.
- Two (2) or more years of experience engaging and working with mobility impaired, audio, low vision, and or blind End Users
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Significantly contribute to design and analysis sessions to ensure sound team decision-making
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Share best practices and lessons learned from past implementation efforts.
- The flexibility to work outside of normal working hours to meet deadlines.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Related Field
4+ Years relevant digital, accessibility or Web Designing experience
We believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.