A curated list of open source Website accessibility Evaluation tools that will enable automation of web accessibility testing more affordable & easier.
- A11y- Sitechecker
A11y-sitecheker is a tool to check a site against accessibility criteria. It uses axe-core with the option to combine results of multiple sites.
A11yWatch is a powerful web accessibility toolkit made using Rust and Nodejs
- Accessibility Insights
Assess your websites for 100% WCAG 2.0 AA coverage with the latest Trusted Tester guidelines.
- Automated Accessibility Testing Tool (AATT)
Browser-based accessibility testing tools and plugins require manually testing each page, one at a time. Tools that can crawl a website can only scan pages that do not require login credentials, and that are not behind a firewall. Instead of developing, testing, and using a separate accessibility test suite, you can now integrate accessibility testing into your existing automation test suite using AATT.
- axe Accessibility Rules Engine by Deque Systems
The Accessibility Engine for automated testing of HTML-based user interfaces. Drop the aXe on your accessibility defects!
Crest quickly tests any HTML web page for a simple way to solve your accessibility testing problems. Provide a website URL to our callable API and expose potential WCAG violations.
- Domain Accessibility Audit
This web application automatically crawls websites and checks for accessibility violations. It can crawl within subdomains of the initial domain it starts with. It reports statistics of violations for the whole audit, domains and pages.
- IBM Equal Access Toolkit
The IBM Equal Access Accessibility Checker is an open source tool for web developers and auditors that utilizes IBM’s accessibility rule engine, which detects accessibility issues for web pages and web applications. The extension integrates into the browser development tools, providing an integrated checking experience, helping users quickly identify the source of accessibility issues and try fixes.
- NAB/UBKAccessibilityKit: An iOS framework to help with accessibility development and testing.
UBKAccessibilityKit allows you to audit your iOS app on device, removing the need to stop and inspect each element via Xcode. UBKAccessibilityKit can be added to your exisiting project and includes the following features.
- Add in custom colours using the colour hex code.
- Brand colours;
- Change text, tint and background colours live in app.
- Check colour contrast on text, tint and background colours
- Custom the foreground or background colours. Custom the foreground or background colours.
- Dynamic text sizes supported
- Highlight warnings as they are detected using the “Outline warnings” feature
- Minimum size
- Missing accessibility hints
- Missing accessibility label
- Missing accessibility traits
- Missing accessibility value
- Missing isAccessibilityElement
- Show touch points on screen, handy for when you’re doing presentations or recording a video and want to show touches and swipes on screen.
- Swap foreground (Text & tint) colour with the background colour.
- Warnings & Validations
- Pa11y – Your automated accessibility testing pal
Monitor the accessibility of your websites with pa11y-dashboard, and protect against accessibility errors creeping into your codebase*.
- Purple HATS
Purple HATS is a customisable, automated accessibility testing tool that allows software development teams to assess whether their products are user-friendly to persons with disabilities (PWDs).
Tanaguru is an open source (AGPL license) website assessment tool. It is dedicated to accessibility (a11y) audits, and focuses on reliability and high level
An accessibility visualization toolkit.